Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Theater Experiences

Probably the first movie I can remember knowing the title of was The Lion King. Although I know I've been to the theater several times before that. I just can't remember the movies. I know they were cartoons, probably from Disney.

My most memorable movie experiences occurred back in March 2006. At that time, the Brookings theater was showing The Hills Have Eyes and V for Vendetta simultaneously. V for Vendetta kept me engaged for the duration of the movie, a rare feat for a movie to do. I found it very entertaining yet philosophical. Also, there is no way for Natalie Portman to not look attractive, even is she shaved her head.

I really liked how The Hills Have Eyes divided itself into two parts. The first hour was intense and creepy wondering how the characters would survive. After the trailer scene, it became a revenge movie. It achieved that rare sensation of adrenaline running through my body that only the best action movies can do (some other examples are The Rock, RoboCop, and Taken). In short, it made me feel all masculine.

These two movies remain two of my favorite movies. For them to be shown in the same time period provided me an entertaining and memorable weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment